Sunday, February 20, 2011

How Firm Thy Friendship

Just over 9 months ago, we told you, with a heavy heart, that we were leaving Ohio.

Kansas City is a fine place to live - fine indeed!
It is true that  Kansas City has a great zoo, and a  sweet children' s farm.
Yes, they even have some Buckeyes. (Where aren't there Buckeyes?)  

David has gotten some great experience and learned a ton at his job.
I've made some incredible friends. (You know who you are, ladies, love you to pieces.)
The boys are O-B-S-E-S-S-E-D with their school.
The children's zoo? A gem.
I've found a grocery store where I can happily do my crazy 4 AM shopping.
We really love the park right down the street from our house.

IMG_3122
(The children enjoying a Kansas park)

We loved a lot of things about Kansas.
But sometimes, no matter how just-fine a place might seem for your family,
the pull towards HOME is just too strong.

David got a call from a Columbus firm a couple weeks ago,
and we found out this week that they really wanted to hire him (can you blame them?)
So, even though things aren't the same as we left them,
Ohio is still Ohio, 
Home is still Home.
We took the offer.

We will miss some things about Kansas very much.
Sometimes I'm not quite sure how we will live without Miss Judy, Miss Susie, Miss Ellen, Miss Michele, and Miss Julie (the brave women who teach our boys every day.)
Gevura, I'm most likely still going to call you too much and stay on the phone waaaay too long.
But despite the dear friends we're going to miss, I'm so happy to say,

We're heading Home, friends.  
(The week before Purim.)

(And we couldn't be gladder.)


8 comments:

  1. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!
    OHIO CANNOT WAIT TO HAVE YOU BACK!
    IT'S BEEN A LONG NINE MONTHS.
    CANNOT WAIT.
    love auntie al

    ReplyDelete
  2. HALLELUJAH.

    can't wait.

    literally.

    i'm on the edge of my seat impatiently waiting.

    GET HERE SOON!

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!!!
    Congrats, I am so excited for you!!!
    I am a tad jealous!
    I so, so hope we are able to move back to Michigan when Justin graduates...14 months ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. As a regular reader of your blogs, I am so happy for you. Things have been rough lately. Purim is not very far away, and I hope that the move truly gives new reasons to make your heart sing - not just because you think it should, but because you really feel happy. Moadim L'simcha, from one displaced Buckeye to another!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mazal tov! That is really great news for you and your family. I wish you the best of luck in your move!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mazel tov!!! I'm so happy for you :)

    Playdate soon? Yeah, I know, Cleveland is still 2 hours away...but it's a heck of a lot closer to Columbus than it is to Kansas City!!!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks everyone!

    @Halli - Playdate soon! I'm a housewife, I certainly have the free time during the week. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! What exciting news!!!!

    ReplyDelete